Instream Flow Symposium
August 02, 2012 10:00 AM
August 02, 2012 04:00 PM
August 02, 2012
from 10:00 am to 04:00 pm
|Where||Birmingham Botanical Gardens 2612 Lane Park Road Birmingham, AL 35223|
|Contact Name||Cindy Lowry|
|Add event to calendar||
We need you at the Alabama Water Policy Symposium.
When: August 2, 2012, 10-4pm
Where: Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 2612 Lane Park Road, Birmingham, AL
Who should attend?
What to expect:
- Luncheon speakers from Alabama's State Agencies with question and answer sessions to follow:
- Lance LaFleur, Director of the Alabama Department of Environmental Management, will discuss the stakeholder partcipation process in and a timeline for the creation of state water policy.
- Stan Cook, Chair of Fisheries for the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, will discuss the process of developing a water policy that is protective of the flows necessary to preserve the environmental health of Alabama's river ecosystems.
- The Nature Conservancy of Alabama will share information on instream flows and some of their experiences in working on this issue in other states.
- Alabama Rivers Alliance and Southern Environmental Law Center will lead a strategy discussion on flow protections, answering questions like:
- How do we talk about it to get our message across?
- How do we get there?
- Where do we go from here?
What you'll take home:
- A better understanding of what Alabama needs in a water management policy
- Tools you can take home to help your friends and neighbors be advocates of good water policy